Wednesday 13 June 2012

My First Big Cake


This was my first attempt at a big cake, really impressed with the way the cake turned out

This was the mould for martin

This is martin on the sofa playing the Xbox

This was the full cake, there are many improvement needed but don't think its bad at all for a first attempt and the size of it.

This was martin receiving his cake. As you can see he was really pleased with it.

My best friends birthday was approaching and in the past i always bought him a birthday cake, he doesn't drink so prefers to go out for a meal with all his friends. So what better way than to embarrass him than with a cake. 
Rather than buying one i thought I'd give it a go at making my own, he has always sported me in what i did so i though if it wasn't great he wouldn't mind because he would no I've tried.
At the time he was playing a game called dead island, it was where you had to run around a island killing loads of zombies. I thought this would be a perfect theme for a cake. I decided to make a 2 layer cake. The bottom layer was him sitting on the sofa, topless ( like he always plays the Xbox ) then the top layer would be the game. 
The icing ripped in places and I found it hard to keep the figures standing up but from this i learnt my flaws and have since then improved my cakes a lot.
He was over joyed with the cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment